Carlisle Family YMCA Construction UpdatesCONSTRUCTION UPDATE
CONSTRUCTION IS UNDER WAY AND WE ARE EXCITED THAT PHASE 1 IS COMPLETE!
Construction will take approximately 22 months. Work will be completed in phases so the Y can continue to serve you.
Some changes to schedules and services will occur. This is unavoidable due to the length and scope of this project. The Y will make every effort to provide advance notice to members when facility use, or program delivery may be disrupted.
On-site parking will be limited until the new parking area is built during Phase 2. Please utilize on-street parking in the area.
- November 2019 – Break ground on Phase 1
- Fall 2020 – Relocate services within the building
- Late 2020 – Demo former school building, start Phase 2
- Late 2021 – Complete Phase 2 and other interior renovations
Phase 1 – 10 months of construction to create a two-story addition on the west side of the building.
Preparation: Limited on-site parking. Courts close for a limited period.
Demolition: The West Street entrance will be closed. Building access will be through Arch Street entrance. Court #1 will remain. Courts #2, #3 and Squash court will be removed. A new court will replace the squash court for a total of 2 racquetball/handball courts.
When Construction is Complete:
- New north and south entrances will lead into a main hall and lobby area with welcome center desk, waiting area, restrooms, elevator, offices and stairway to second floor.
- Member gathering area, meeting rooms, Child Watch and Kids Adventure Zone room.
- Two racquetball / handball courts will be available.
- Hallway will provide access to future fitness studios, locker rooms, gymnasium, pool and all-purpose auxiliary gym
- Large Wellness Center with accompanying offices will be accessed via stairs and elevator
Phase 2 – 10-12 months of construction starting late 2020 will create a two-story addition on the north side of the building, a new parking lot and significant renovations to remaining Y facilities.
Preparation: Some services will be temporarily moved into the newly completed Phase 1 addition until Phase 2 spaces are built:
- Wellness Center will move into second floor space
- Child Care will move temporarily into first floor spaces
- Administration will move temporarily into first floor space
- Fitness Classes will be relocated to current fitness center space to become an auxiliary gym in Phase 2. Note: class schedules may be modified during this period.
Demolition: The former school building will be removed after Phase 1 is complete in late 2020.
When Construction is Complete:
- New large Fitness Studio
- New Cycling Studio
- A new Child Care Center with separate secure entrance
- Completely renovated adult and youth locker rooms, new family changing areas.
- Current Fitness Center will become an auxiliary gym
- Maintenance Shop, custodial support and storage areas
- New Mind & Body Studio
- Gymnasium and Sports Office
- New Administrative Suite
We are still accepting donations for the project. You can download a pledge form or make an online contribution using the buttons below.