Carlisle Family YMCA Construction UpdatesCONSTRUCTION UPDATE
WOMEN’S LOCKER ROOM UPDATE
The Women’s Locker Room will close on Monday, July 12 for four weeks. The following repairs will be made to the shower/wet area:
- Install a French drain along the outside of all showers
- Re-slope the shower and drying area floors towards the French drain (will require building up some areas and grinding down others to improve slope)
- Redo epoxy floor
- Re-install wand shower heads
During the Women’s Locker Room closure, all females will use the new Girls’ Locker Room. One of the Private/Family Changing Areas also will be repaired during this time.
Please use caution when walking through the wet areas.
We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.
Thank you to everyone who has shared positive comments about our new Y facilities. We are still a work in progress. We recognize that members will be temporarily inconvenienced during the locker room renovation period. We appreciate your patience as we continue to balance serving members with construction challenges.
CONSTRUCTION IS UNDER WAY AND WE ARE EXCITED THAT PHASE 1 IS COMPLETE!
Construction will take approximately 22 months. Work will be completed in phases so the Y can continue to serve you.
Some changes to schedules and services will occur. This is unavoidable due to the length and scope of this project. The Y will make every effort to provide advance notice to members when facility use, or program delivery may be disrupted.
On-site parking will be limited until the new parking area is built during Phase 2. Please utilize on-street parking in the area.
- November 2019 – Break ground on Phase 1
- Fall 2020 – Relocate services within the building
- Late 2020 – Demo former school building, start Phase 2
- Late 2021 – Complete Phase 2 and other interior renovations
Phase 1 – 10 months of construction to create a two-story addition on the west side of the building.
Preparation: Limited on-site parking. Courts close for a limited period.
Demolition: The West Street entrance will be closed. Building access will be through Arch Street entrance. Court #1 will remain. Courts #2, #3 and Squash court will be removed. A new court will replace the squash court for a total of 2 racquetball/handball courts.
When Construction is Complete:
- New north and south entrances will lead into a main hall and lobby area with welcome center desk, waiting area, restrooms, elevator, offices and stairway to second floor.
- Member gathering area, meeting rooms, Child Watch and Kids Adventure Zone room.
- Two racquetball / handball courts will be available.
- Hallway will provide access to future fitness studios, locker rooms, gymnasium, pool and all-purpose auxiliary gym
- Large Wellness Center with accompanying offices will be accessed via stairs and elevator
Phase 2 – 10-12 months of construction starting late 2020 will create a two-story addition on the north side of the building, a new parking lot and significant renovations to remaining Y facilities.
Preparation: Some services will be temporarily moved into the newly completed Phase 1 addition until Phase 2 spaces are built:
- Wellness Center will move into second floor space
- Child Care will move temporarily into first floor spaces
- Administration will move temporarily into first floor space
- Fitness Classes will be relocated to current fitness center space to become an auxiliary gym in Phase 2. Note: class schedules may be modified during this period.
Demolition: The former school building will be removed after Phase 1 is complete in late 2020.
When Construction is Complete:
- New large Fitness Studio
- New Cycling Studio
- A new Child Care Center with separate secure entrance
- Completely renovated adult and youth locker rooms, new family changing areas.
- Current Fitness Center will become an auxiliary gym
- Maintenance Shop, custodial support and storage areas
- New Mind & Body Studio
- Gymnasium and Sports Office
- New Administrative Suite
We are still accepting donations for the project. You can download a pledge form or make an online contribution using the buttons below.