My fitness journey hasn’t always been the easiest or most linear. I grew up struggling with undiagnosed ADHD, binge eating disorder and body dysmorphia. I was so obsessed with the “ideal” of being skinny that when I would actually work out, it was usually hours of cardio, hopping from one machine to the next. Eventually I found lifting, and I started to see changes. But my programs weren’t structured, and I wasn’t consistent. Once I finally decided to develop a program and learn more about strength training, my whole mindset changed. Lifting weights in the gym translated to eating to get strong and not just skinny anymore. That’s when the big changes happened. I got so into it that I decided to become a personal trainer. Since then, I’ve continued to learn as much as I can about nutrition, strength training and the importance of quality sleep, stress reduction, etc. I’m also planning on going back to school next year for dietetics and nutrition research. My goal as a trainer has evolved after working with clients in a corporate gym and seeing how broken the system is, which is why I came to the Y. I’m not here just to sell you endless amounts of training. I’m here to sell you the tools in my toolbox so we can set you up for sustainability and longevity even once our time together ends.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Design and Merchandising – Drexel University
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- CPR, AED & First Aid – American Red Cross
- Working toward Physique and Bodybuilding Coach & Certified Nutrition Coach – National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Fitness Specialist – Carlisle Family YMCA
- Personal Trainer – LA Fitness (2019)
- Sarah Yohe Fitness Online Coach (2019)
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Strength Training
- Bodybuilding / Physique Building
- Weight Management
- Weight Loss
- Weight / Muscle growth
- Plateau Busting – on the scale or with weights
- General Nutrition
- Functional Fitness
- Graphic designer for a VIP/Ultimate Fan Experience company in the music industry. Worked on events like Coachella and on tours for Metallica, John Legend, Chris Stapleton and more!
- Becoming a NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Taking my 2-year-old lab/pit mix Lila for long walks while matching my tempo to whatever music fits my mood that day
- Casual hiking when it’s warm out. Always looking for new spots!
- Reading either nutrition studies or murder mysteries
- Making music playlists and discovering new artists. I don’t often sit in silence.
- Knitting during Eagles football games – Go Birds!
- Home chef-ing it up. Getting very into making everything from scratch.
Ages: 13 years old and up
Schedule: Contact Sarah for a FREE orientation, or click the button below to purchase sessions now