Young Toddler Assistant Teacher
Do you have a love for young children? Do you want rewarding employment that helps nurture today’s youth and offer a safe space for them to develop and grow? Then our Young Toddler Assistant Teacher position would be great for you! Our Young Toddler classroom is for 1-year-olds and young 2-year-olds. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break.
As the assistant teacher, you will assist with the activities planned in the classroom, as well as assisting to complete child assessment when needed. You also will assist with the cleanliness and organization of the classroom. This age group is still in diapers, so you must be comfortable changing diapers daily. Communication with parents during drop-off and/or pick-up will happen daily.
We are closed for the following paid holidays: New Year’s Day, the Monday following Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Good Friday (the Friday before Easter Sunday) and Black Friday (the Friday following Thanksgiving) are in-service days. Staff are required to attend at least one of the two in-service days, but can choose to attend both if they don’t wish to use their PTO on that day. Full-time staff are eligible for health insurance coverage on day 1 of employment. Paid Time Off will also start accruing immediately.
Young Toddler Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree or CDA preferred, but not required.
- 2,500 hours of documented experience working with children, which can include babysitting, volunteer work, church programs, etc.
Required clearances that may be completed as part of onboarding:
- 3 required background checks: FBI fingerprint clearances, Child abuse clearance and State police background check
- Recent health assessment and TB test
Young Toddler Assistant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Must have a love for children ages 1-2
- Assist with weekly lesson plan activities
- Assist with completing child assessments when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom
- Interact with and engage all children
- Follow DHS regulations and Ratios
- Consistent communication with parents
- Change diapers/pull ups and help children use the potty and encourage potty training
- Other duties as assigned
- Full-time (M-F) 8:30am-5:30pm – with weekends and major holidays off
- $12-14 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Complimentary Y membership