Please note that not all classes currently are being offered and space is limited in all classes. Registration is required.
Water fitness is an ideal form of exercise for all ages and utilizes the buoyant qualities of water to increase physical strength and endurance without putting stress and strain on your joints. You do not need to register ahead of time. Just show up ready for a great workout! Members age 13 and up can take any of our water exercise classes. Here is a sampling of our current classes:
- Aqua Jogging – Incorporate aqua jogging to music as well as some interval training. Run in the water and put less stress on your joints.
- Aquacize – Shallow water exercise. No swimming ability required.
- Aqua Zumba® – Uses mostly Latin music rhythms such as meringue, cumbia and salsa, but can also use a variety of upbeat tempos as found in swing or country music. The movements will be slower than in a class you would do on land, yet they can be just as intense due to the water’s resistance.
- Deep H20 – This class will challenge all fitness levels while being easy on the joints. Resistive equipment is used to increase intensity. Confidence in deep water is strongly suggested. Flotation belts are available.
- Aqua Mix – These weekend classes are taught by 2 different instructors who will bring their own flavor to the class.
- Wet ‘N Wild – High energy class for total body conditioning! Primarily uses shallow water.
- Arthritis Water Exercise – This class will help you gain range of motion in your joints as well as build strength in all major muscle groups. Some cardiovascular conditioning included.
Age: 13 years old and up
Member Fee: FREE!!
Location: Carlisle Family YMCA Indoor Pool