PLEASE NOTE: Members from other Ys now can use our facility. All nationwide members must sign our COVID waiver. Please note that just because we are resuming this aspect of membership, this may not be the case for every Y. For instance, Harrisburg YMCA branches are only allowing Wellness Center and lap swimming use. We recommend contacting any Y in advance that you plan to attend to find out about their current availability.
At the Y, we are for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We are dedicated to ensuring our facilities, programs and services are open and welcoming to all. As part of this effort, we are proud to offer our members access to Y facilities across the United States that participate in Nationwide Membership. This way, our members can use the Y as often as they like, making it easier to achieve their health and wellness goals.
Nationwide Membership enables you to visit any participating Y in the United States through membership at your “home” Y (your home Y is the local association that enrolled you as a member and collects your membership dues). We offer this because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our mission to strengthen communities.
IN EVERY COMMUNITY
We understand that sometimes it is more convenient for members to take advantage of a Y near their workplace or when they are traveling outside the area of their home Y. With Nationwide Membership, members have the flexibility to use participating Y facilities throughout the United States at no extra charge.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Nationwide Membership is valid for active, full facility Y members whose home Y participates without restriction or blackout periods
- Nationwide member visitors must use their home Y at least 50% of the time
- Program-only participants (including Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit or other like programs) are not eligible for nationwide membership
- Special memberships established by any Y for group homes, other agencies, etc., are not eligible
- When visiting a Y, nationwide members will be required to show a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID as well as provide basic membership data such as name and email address
- Ys should allow nationwide members access to services typically offered to full-facility members. Check with the Y for schedule and availability. Nationwide members visiting other Ys for a period greater than 28 days must transfer membership affiliation for continued use
- All Ys reserve the right to restrict or revoke these privileges
- Registered sex offenders are prohibited from participating
At the Y, we believe that positive, lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. This strengthening of community—and the realization of a Y’s full potential—is best done when all Ys are open to all members.