Outdoor Swim Lessons
We are excited to team up with Carlisle Parks & Recreation to offer group Swim Basics and Swim Strokes Swim Lessons at the Carlisle Community Pool this summer.
The following sessions will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at the Carlisle Community Pool at 1236 Franklin Street, Carlisle:
- June 20-29
- July 4-13
- July 18-27
PLEASE NOTE: ALL EVENING SWIM LESSONS AND OTHER MORNING SESSIONS NOT LISTED ABOVE STILL WILL BE HELD AT THE Y.
- 1 / Water Acclimation – Increases comfort with underwater exploration and introduces basic self-rescue skills performed with assistance.
- 2 / Water Movement – Encourages forward movement in water and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
- 3 / Water Stamina – Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stages.
- 4 / Stroke Introduction – Introduces basic stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and reinforces water safety through treading water and elementary backstroke.
- 5 / Stroke Development – Introduces breaststroke and butterfly and reinforces water safety through treading water and sidestroke.
- 6 / Stroke Mechanics – Refines stroke technique on all major competitive strokes and encourages swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle.
If you have a question about what level to choose for your child, check out the chart below.
Outdoor Swim Lesson Times
- Level 1-2: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10-10:30am
- Level 3-6: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10:30-11am
Use the links below to register for Outdoor Swim Lessons.
Please note: The child taking lessons must be a Carlisle Family YMCA member to receive the member rate.
Tara YoungAquatics Director