Swim Basics Swim Lessons
Students in our Swim Basics Swim Lessons learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills: swim, float, swim—sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide and exit—and jump, push, turn, grab. Students are taught the recommended skills to have around water including safe water habits, underwater exploration and how to swim to safety and exit in the event of falling into a body of water. Activities, games and drills to reinforce learning are utilized heavily as students progress in this skill-based approach to swimming.
- 1 / Water Acclimation – Increases comfort with underwater exploration and introduces basic self-rescue skills performed with assistance.
- 2 / Water Movement – Encourages forward movement in water and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
- 3 / Water Stamina – Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stages.
If you have a question about what level to choose for your child, check out the chart below.
Winter 2023 Info
Swim Lessons are held twice a week on weekday evenings for three weeks or for four Saturday mornings. You can choose Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday nights. On Saturday mornings, Stages 1-3 have lessons at the same time. We will divide the kids into appropriate groups on the first day of lessons. Weekday evening lessons are divided by stages. Evening lessons are 30 minutes and morning lessons are 45 minutes. Session dates are listed below:
- January 7-28, 2023
- February 4-25, 2023
- March 4-25, 2023
- April 1-22, 2023
Winter Lesson Times
- Levels 1-2: Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:30-7pm OR Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30-6pm
- Level 3: Mondays & Wednesdays from 7-7:30pm OR Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-6:30pm
- Levels 1-3: Saturdays from 10-10:45am
Please note: The child taking lessons must be a member to receive the member rate.
Ages: 3 years old and up
Member Fee: $50
Non-Member Fee: $80
Location: Carlisle Family YMCA Indoor Pool
Sessions: See above