Carlisle Crush Grass Volleyball Tournament
This new grass volleyball tournament will be held at the George B. Stuart Athletic Fields July 21-23, 2023. Divisions available for all levels!
Register by June 20 to guarantee a tournament shirt!
- Men’s and Women’s Triples – B / BB / A / AA
- Men’s and Women’s Masters Doubles – 40+ / 50+
- Crush Clinic with Andrew Dentler – AVP Pro & Pottstown Rumble Men’s Open Champion
- Men’s and Women’s Doubles – Open*
- Men’s and Women’s Doubles – B / BB / A / AA
- Coed Doubles – AA*
- Coed Doubles – B / BB / A
- Junior Boys and Girls Doubles – 14U / 16U / 18U
- Gender Blind Quads – B / BB / A
- Parent/Child Doubles (child must be 14 or under)
Who: Men and women of all ages
When: July 21-23, 2023
Where: George B. Stuart Athletic Fields - 1213 Rockledge Drive, Carlisle
THANK YOU SPONSORS!
Thank you Selective Insurance for being our Hospitality Sponsor!
And thank you to the following Supporting Sponsors:
We are still accepting sponsors for the event. We have options available from $500-$5000. If you want to support this event that also will give back to local high school volleyball programs, contact Justin today.
Justin RoseAssociate Executive Director
Saturday Men's Open Doubles
1st Place = $2,000 / 2nd Place = $1,000
Saturday Women's Open Doubles
1st Place = $1,000 / 2nd Place = $500
Sunday Coed AA Doubles
1st Place = $500
PLEASE NOTE: Payouts are based on projected number of teams registered. Additional payouts may be added based on total field of players!
WHAT DIVISION SHOULD I ENTER?
- I can only bump set the ball = B
- I have decent hands when it comes to setting = BB
- I can jump set the ball and/or run plays = A/AA
- I underhand serve or can do a basic overhand serve = B
- I overhand serve and can place the ball pretty much where I aim = BB
- I can do special kinds of serves – like jump serves = A/AA
- What? In doubles?! = B
- I’m working on it, but not great yet = BB
- I can block and call what I’m blocking so my partner can cover the rest = A
- I can switch up my calls on blocking at the last minute or recover from a block by still passing it if it lands near me = AA/+
- I can hit the ball, but my aim isn’t that great = B
- I can hit a hard driven ball on a good set = BB
- I can hit the ball down, cross court and line = A
- I can hit within the 10 foot line = AA
Come work on your skills, strategy & situational awareness with AVP Pro Andrew Dentler.
Who: All ages & skill levels
Date: Friday, July 21, 2023
Fees: Pre-registration = $25 / Walk-On = $30
Location: George B. Stuart Athletic Fields - 1213 Rockledge Drive, Carlisle
CRUSH CLINIC FACILITATOR
Andrew Dentler was an All-American and state champion at Cumberland Valley High School. He started playing grass doubles in 2008 and began competing regularly on the beach in 2010. At George Mason University, Andrew earned All EIVA Second Team and All EIVA Tournament team. Andrew qualified for his first AVP event in 2014 with Mark Burik. For the 2022 AVP season, he had the most blocks per set of any athlete who competed in multiple events. When he is not playing volleyball, he likes to spend time with his wife, daughter and dog. He also enjoys working out and learning new things.