Swim Strokes Swim Lessons
Having mastered the fundamentals, students in our Swim Strokes Swim Lessons learn additional water safety skills and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being and foster a lifetime of physical activity. Swimmers are introduced to the four competitive swimming strokes as well as rescue skills and healthy lifestyle habits.
- 4 / Stroke Introduction – Introduces basic stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and reinforces water safety through treading water and elementary backstroke.
- 5 / Stroke Development – Introduces breaststroke and butterfly and reinforces water safety through treading water and sidestroke.
- 6 / Stroke Mechanics – Refines stroke technique on all major competitive strokes and encourages swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle.
If you have a question about what level to choose for your child, contact Aquatics Director Tara Young (contact info below).
Fall 2021 Info
Swim Lessons are held twice a week on weekday evenings for three weeks or for four Saturday mornings. You can choose Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday nights. On Saturday mornings, Stages 1-3 have lessons at the same time. We will divide the kids into appropriate groups on the first day of lessons. Weekday lessons are divided by stages. Evening lessons are 30 minutes and morning lessons are 45 minutes. Session dates are listed below:
- October 2-23, 2021
- November 1-27, 2021 (weekday lessons end 11/18)
Fall Lesson Times
- Monday/Wednesday evenings: Stages 4-6 from 7-7:30pm
- Tuesday/Thursday evenings: Stages 4-6 from 6:30-7pm
- Saturday mornings: Stages 4-6 from 10:45-11:30am (only offered in October and November)
Please note: The child taking lessons must be a member to receive the member rate.
Ages: 3 years old and up
Member Fee: $45
Non-Member Fee: $75
Location: Carlisle Family YMCA Indoor Pool
Sessions: See above