Q: How do I reserve a spot in group fitness classes or for lap and/or rec swimming??
Visit the links below for step-by-step instructions for reserving a spot in classes or in the pool:
- Reservations for in-person classes open 48 hours in advance and close 15 minutes before the start of class.
- Reservations for virtual classes open 2 weeks in advance and close 2 hours before the start of class.
- Reservations for lap and rec swimming open 23 hours in advance and close 15 minutes after the start time.
Q: How do I reserve a racquetball or gym court?
- Go to the Schedules page on our website.
- Click the orange “Court Reservations” button to reserve a court for Handball/Racquetball. Click the red “Gym Reservations” button to reserve a court in the basketball gymnasium.
- The first time you use the site, you will have to set up an account. Your username will be your email address.
- Once in the system, enter the date you want to play and click the button to check availability. Open times will be displayed in orange. Unavailable times will be marked in black.
- Click the time you want to start playing and pick 30 or 60 minutes from the menu. Click “Create Registration” and you are all set!
- You cannot reserve the racquetball court or gymnasium more than 1 day in advance.
Q: How do I register for a program?
We have transitioned to all online program registration. You can register for programs in a couple of different ways:
- Find the program for which you want to register by using the navigation menu OR just search for the name of the program in the search bar. Once you are on the page for your selected program, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Register” button. This will take you directly to the program’s registration page in our online program registration system.
- If you know the name of the program and would like to go directly to our online program registration site, just scroll down on the home screen to the large pink “See Our Programs” button.
Once on the online registration site, select the program for which you want to register and click the blue “register” link. This will take you to the login screen where you will see three rectangles.
- If you already have registered for programs using our online system, just enter your email address and password in the first rectangle.
- If you are a current or past member, or if you have registered for programs in the past, but you haven’t set up your online account, select the second rectangle to enable your online account. You can use your online account to register for classes, programs and events.
- If you’ve never been a member or enrolled in any of our programs or classes, select the third rectangle to create an online account. You can use your online account to register for classes, programs and events.
Once signed in, just follow the on-screen prompts to register for programs.
Q: How do I sign up for a membership?
You can begin the membership process on our website or by stopping by the Welcome Center at the Y. To start the process on the website, just click on the “Join” link in the header and select the “Join Now” option. Select Carlisle for your branch and than you can see the various membership types. Choose the one that suits your needs and follow the on-screen prompts to set up your membership. Then stop at the Welcome Center the first time you visit to get your scan cards etc.
Please Note: If you have ever been a Carlisle Family YMCA member or program participant, you will need to come to the Y to activate or re-activate your membership.
Q: Does the Y offer membership and / or program scholarships?
We believe everyone deserves a Y, so the Carlisle Family YMCA offers financial assistance to individuals and families who might otherwise not be able to afford membership or program fees. Ask a staff member about our Financial Assistance program. It’s easy to apply and the Y does everything it can to make the Y a place for all.
Q: How do I donate?
The Carlisle Family YMCA’s Annual Campaign is our largest fundraising drive. The campaign officially runs each year from March to May, but donations are accepted all year long. You can donate in one of two ways:
- Go to our website and click the “Donate” link. Then click the purple “Donate Now!” button on the page. This will take you directly to our online donation site. Follow the on-screen prompts to make a donation.
- If you would prefer to write a check, you can make it payable to “Carlisle Family YMCA” and either drop it off or mail it to the Y at Carlisle Family YMCA, 311 S. West St., Carlisle, PA 17013. Please just mark it to the attention of Cate Mellen.